On December 26, the Dutch crypto company Libereum acquired the Spanish football club Elche CF from the Segunda División A.
Libereum aims at making cryptocurrency a widely recognized means of payment for anyone, strategically starting via investments and leveraging the enthusiasm and opennes of sports fans worldwide.
In this light, the acquisition is a crucial step towards connecting the company’s ERC-20 token (Liber) with the most popular sport in the world: football. Part of the conditions of the takeover was a solvency guarantee in EUR deposit and an audit of Libereum.
Libereum is going to provide the necessary financial injection to help Elche CF get to the Primera Divison. The Liber token is going to help with that. If the strategy proves to be successful, over time Liber is going to become part of the financial policy in and around the club. That would allow expenses and transactions to be paid simply, in an easily accessible way, with Liber.
In the Libereum’s vision, sponsor and transfer deals or ticket sales and merchandising or stadium catering could be paid in the Liber token. This would create demand for the token, positively affecting its fiat value. This return could be banked and used as a capital injection when needed.
Integrating cryptocurrency tokens into the backoffice management of football clubs is not a new thing, Socios has been working on something similar with the crypto platform Chiliz.
Elche CF shares the vision for future of cryptocurrency
The founder of Libereum Cem Kumlar says Elche CF shares the Libereum’s enthusiasm and vision for the future of cryptocurrency, making the two parties a good match. As per the terms of the deal, all changes will only touch the backend structures of the club. The football organization of Elche CF will remain as it has been.
Elche Club de Fútbol, S.A.D. (Valencian: Elx Club de Futbol, S.A.D.) is a traditional Spanish football club from (Elche) Elx, the third largest city in the Valencia region. The club was founded in 1923, after which it played against Barcelona and Real Madrid for 21 seasons in the Primera División.
The club has a solid base of loyal fans and is at home in the Estadio Manuel Martínez Valero which offers room for more than 35,000 spectators. Recently the match between Spain and Croatia for the nations cup was played in the stadium.
Liber token sale through LATOKEN
Libereum is offering Liber tokens exclusively on LATOKEN, a relatively new crypto outfit that is successfully making its name through crypto airdrops and unfussy collaboration with tokenized startups.
Through LATOKEN, 40% of the Liber supply will be offered for 15 USD with bonuses for large purchase.
Purchases of Liber open on Friday the 28th of December, 2018.
For more information please visit libereum.io.
If you are interested in learning more about the connection of sports industry and blockchain, see our sportstech startup directory.
Latest News Releases from #BusinessOfCrypto
- The Global Hackaton (April, Los Angeles) comes with free tickets to Crypto Invest Summit
- Etheremon celebrating #ChineseNewYear2019 with a series of bounties (Ends 8:00 AM UTC on Feb 11th)
- Crypto Marble dApp Game: Monopoly on Blockchain
- The dApp gaming platform VX Network launched the official VX Wallet in Apple App Store and Google Play
- Etheremon's first Chinese New Year Campaign: Chance to recall two rare mons
- Fuel Games and Cryptokitties bring you "The Cat in the Pack" until the end of January 2019
- Action RPG dApp game Hero of Cryptoworld is starting its character presale
- Libereum, the crypto investment company, acquired Spanish football club Elche CF
- Etheremon released new festive updates and first changes in promise of the Challenge mode release
- Blockchain game BitGolf by VX is opening a second item pre-sale