Wyre, the US-based regulated blockchain fintech company that recently partnered with the Plasma DEX Altcoin.io, announced the acquisition of a blockchain solution for smart contracts on the Bitcoin blockchain.
The possibility of executing simplified smart contracts on the Bitcoin blockchain came to wider awareness only recently with an article from Bitcoin Magazine, showcasing the product of Particl.io.
The solution Wyre is acquiring was developed by Hedgy, a Bitcoin derivatives startup that raised 1.2 MM USD in seed funding in 2015 from a group of investors including Sand Hill Ventures or Tim Draper, who was also one of the early investors in Wyre.
The co-founder and CEO of Hedgy Matt Slater is now also joining Wyre as an advisor, helping Wyre with the aim of offering a derivatives software product that is compliant with federal commodity laws and regulations.
Read more at blog.sendwyre.com.
Latest News Releases from #BusinessOfCrypto
- The Global Hackaton (April, Los Angeles) comes with free tickets to Crypto Invest Summit
- Etheremon celebrating #ChineseNewYear2019 with a series of bounties (Ends 8:00 AM UTC on Feb 11th)
- Crypto Marble dApp Game: Monopoly on Blockchain
- The dApp gaming platform VX Network launched the official VX Wallet in Apple App Store and Google Play
- Etheremon's first Chinese New Year Campaign: Chance to recall two rare mons
- Fuel Games and Cryptokitties bring you "The Cat in the Pack" until the end of January 2019
- Action RPG dApp game Hero of Cryptoworld is starting its character presale
- Libereum, the crypto investment company, acquired Spanish football club Elche CF
- Etheremon released new festive updates and first changes in promise of the Challenge mode release
- Blockchain game BitGolf by VX is opening a second item pre-sale