Wyre, the US-based regulated blockchain fintech company that recently partnered with the Plasma DEX Altcoin.io, announced the acquisition of a blockchain solution for smart contracts on the Bitcoin blockchain.
The possibility of executing simplified smart contracts on the Bitcoin blockchain came to wider awareness only recently with an article from Bitcoin Magazine, showcasing the product of Particl.io.
The solution Wyre is acquiring was developed by Hedgy, a Bitcoin derivatives startup that raised 1.2 MM USD in seed funding in 2015 from a group of investors including Sand Hill Ventures or Tim Draper, who was also one of the early investors in Wyre.
The co-founder and CEO of Hedgy Matt Slater is now also joining Wyre as an advisor, helping Wyre with the aim of offering a derivatives software product that is compliant with federal commodity laws and regulations.
Read more at blog.sendwyre.com.
News Releases from #BusinessOfCrypto
- Open Data Exchange Raised Over 60 MM USD in Private Placement from Pantera, BlockTower and others
- Zilliqa announced blockchain grants for technology developers
- Wyre acquired Hedgy, platform for smart contracts on Bitcoin
- Etheremon launches new game mode that gives players full control of their in-game assets
- Fintech company Nexo offers to buy SALT Lending
- Universal Protocol - new platform for practical interoperability of blockchains - gets backing of capital asset management firms
- Blockchain KYC Platform traceto.io Partners with Yincubator
- SALT Lending on the inquiries about the state of their business
- FundRequest launches a Blockchain Marketplace that Rewards Developers for Open Source Contributions
- Crypto Asset Management Platform Melonport Launches Melon Olympiad