While the leaderboards are getting filled up with variety of blockchain games sporting all sorts of collectibles, the EMONT Alliance is coming up with something quite different. A new game that looks like a nostalgic appeal to 90s kids who used to play with Lego instead of smartphones, but is not quite that hyper-casual.
The new project is called Cubego and it is currently in an airdrop mode with token sale starting in three weeks. Players use Cubego tokens as they would use Lego - on building their own characters (Cubegons).
In Cubego, each character can be saved forever once done. Also, thanks to blockchain, each author has a full monopoly on their creations.
Authors can sell exclusive copies of their characters to other game participants, if it so happens that a creation strikes a trend. And trends there will be: The players have a complete freedom as to what they build but the value of the character derives from its combat abilities and edge. Fighting in 1-on-1 battles, clam wars or in tournaments is what earns the Cubegon owner profit.
The characters are built in 3D, future AR and VR integration is in the roadmap.
Signups and Cubegon building is already open but the combat arena will not open until early 2019. At the time of publishing the platform already has some six hundred players mainly from the US and Japan. The Cubego team is hoping the token drop will help assemble more of an international user base.
The blockchain game comes from EMONT Alliance (Etheremon, MyCryptoHeroes) which means its token is likely going to be available for instant swaps via Kyber Network and you will not have to worry about just another game token.
Aside from Kyber, Cubego has partnership deals with Zilliqa, Decentraland, Opensea and others.
Create your Cubego account with Metamask here right now and get 300 Cubego tokens for free.
Latest News Releases from #BusinessOfCrypto
- Etheremon celebrating #ChineseNewYear2019 with a series of bounties (Ends 8:00 AM UTC on Feb 11th)
- Crypto Marble dApp Game: Monopoly on Blockchain
- The dApp gaming platform VX Network launched the official VX Wallet in Apple App Store and Google Play
- Etheremon's first Chinese New Year Campaign: Chance to recall two rare mons
- Fuel Games and Cryptokitties bring you "The Cat in the Pack" until the end of January 2019
- Action RPG dApp game Hero of Cryptoworld is starting its character presale
- Libereum, the crypto investment company, acquired Spanish football club Elche CF
- Etheremon released new festive updates and first changes in promise of the Challenge mode release
- Blockchain game BitGolf by VX is opening a second item pre-sale
- Universal Protocol Platform gets its first institutional service provider on board