Universal Protocol Platform, an alliance of blockchain and digital asset companies, has announced a new round of investors supporting the project.
The lead investor of Universal Protocol Platform remains FBG Capital who is also one of the lead investors in Zilliqa, the scalable high-throughput blockchain project.
Three other capital management firms have joined the list of Universal Protocol Platform initial investors - Arrington XRP Capital, Alphabit and Dekrypt Capital.
About Universal Protocol Platform
Universal Protocol Platform is a new alliance of blockchain technology companies that work on the solution for the blockchain interoperability problem.
To allow for value transfer between incompatible decentralized networks, Universal Protocol Platform devised an ERC20 Proxy Token to rely information between diverse blockchains without the scaling limitations of atomic swaps.
About The Proxy Token
The proxy tokens are designed to function as a representation of any asset on any other blockchain, which allows the UP platform to natively work with mainstream blockchains such as Bitcoin or Ethereum. This is a practical advantage compared to existing interoperability protocols such as Cosmos where each blockchain needs to be first added as a zone.
The UP Platform aims to solve not only the technical issues of blockchain interoperability but also the problem of cryptocurrency custody which may prove costly for institutions holding cryptocurrencies on different blockchains.
Using UP Platform, the value of the issued Proxy Token derives directly from its matching asset which is kept in a custody of the company reserve.
While current centralized cryptocurrency exchanges could benefit from blockchain interoperability as it would streamline the process of token listing, the CEO of Alphabit Fund Liam Robertson points out particularly the potential of this technology to drive wider adoption of alternative blockchain assets by financial institutions.
To learn more visit www.universalprotocol.io.
Latest News Releases from #BusinessOfCrypto
- Universal Protocol Platform gets its first institutional service provider on board
- Cubego launches collab with OpenSea with a promotion for 11 - 12 December 2018
- The AI/Blockchain startup Perlin gets (not only) funding boost from a Japanese innovator
- Japanese blockchain gaming market gets new contender as PlatinumEgg partners with VX Networks
- Cubego pushes the boundaries of asset ownership in blockchain games
- EMONT Alliance announces Cubego, a fresh idea for the blockchain collectible space
- Devery Doubles Down on B2B Enterprise Solutions
- Wyre acquired Hedgy, platform for smart contracts on Bitcoin
- Blockchain KYC Platform traceto.io Partners with Yincubator
- Zilliqa announced blockchain grants for technology developers